Green Skill Development Programme Launched Fully Fledged
MoEFCC Mobile Application Development
The green skills beneath it’s going to be imparted in over 30 programmes in varied fields identified, which can be run in 84 associations across the state.
- Additionally, vast network and expertise of Environmental Information System (ENVIS) hubs and Resource Partners (RPs) will be used for implementation of this programme.
- The programme endeavors to create skilled green workers having specialized knowledge and dedication to sustainable growth.
- It goes a long way in reaping demographic dividend in the country and filling the skill gaps in environment and forest industry.
What is Green Skill Development Programme?
- GSDP was launched as the pilot job in 2017 by MoEFCC in partnership with National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) to develop skilled green employees having technical knowledge and commitment to sustainable growth.
- Under it, skilling of childhood (mainly 10th and 12th dropouts) will be undertaken for increasing availability of skilled workforce in surroundings and forest sector to provide them gainful employment or self-employment.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched full-fledged Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP).
- It intends to train over 5.5 lakh workers in forest and environment sectors in the country through 30 classes by 2021 for sustainable conservation and management of natural resources.
- GSDP-ENVIS mobile program was launched to provide more information and applying to courses under GSDP program.
- In the first stage, the pool of master coaches and specialists has been created, who will further train youth throughout the country.
- All skilling classes under this programme will be National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) compliant.
- The MoEFCC will provide certificates indicating skilling amounts to all successful candidates.
Green Skill Development Programme (GSDP)