Odisha Government has bagged the Geospatial World Excellence Award for successful IT application 2018’ which aims at tracking the production of minerals and also analyze the dispatch and value accrued on real-time basis through its web-based software named as .
The award ceremony was held at the Geospatial World Forum Meeting. The event went live for public in Hyderabad, Telangana and was attended by more than 3,000 geospatial experts coming from 90 different countries.
- The i3MS is GPS-linked web-based software designed by scientists of Odisha Space Applications Centre (ORSAC), Bhubaneswar.
- The system has enabled for first time in India to fix GPS devices on large number of moving objects in the mining sector.
- i3MS is a web-based software and will be used for tracking mineral production.
- Daily production and dispatch will be recorded on real-time basis through this software.
- Odisha Government won ‘Geo spatial World Excellence Award-2018’ for successful IT application through its software i3MS.
About Geospatial World Excellence Awards
- The Geospatial World Excellence Awards is an internationally-acclaimed private award that recognizes exemplary innovations and practices in global Geo-spatial industry.
- It acts as an encouragement to all the Geo spatial and allied projects.
- Geospatial World Excellence Award was first in run in the year 2007.
- Divided into the three categories which are as following
1. Geospatial Application Excellence Awards
2. Geospatial Technology Innovation Awards and
3. Geospatial Policy Implementation Awards