English, Logical reasoning and Quantitative aptitude forms the basics and are one of the most important parts of any government exams , be it UPSC, SSC, Banking, or any competitive exams , but many student lack the most crucial part of any exam , i.e Current affairs , so what we aim here is to bring for our readers the Current Affairs Of 19th April 2018 in easy and Lucid manner.
Government launches Study in India programme to attract foreign students
- ‘Study in India’ programme has been approved by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRD) in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs to attract foreign students to pursue higher education in India.
- This move will improve global reputation and rankings of Indian educational institutions and will also focus on boosting country’s share of international students and subsequently.
- The objective is to Encourage more foreign students to choose India as destination for higher education.
- The programme will provide meritorious foreign students fee waiver and scholarship.
UIDAI launches Updated QR code for offline Aadhaar verification
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced updated ‘QR code’ for offline Aadhaar verification in order to strengthen its privacy measures during usage of Aadhaar Card.
- In order to safeguard against any tampering of documents , The new QR code comes with photo and can be used in offline mode.
- After UIDAI introduced the concept of virtual identification, The updated ‘QR code’ is aimed is another move which provides privacy to Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar card holders can utilize UIDAI website or its mobile app to download and print their biometric ID with QR code.
UK-India Tech Alliance launched by Nasscom, TechUK
- The NASSCOM (National Association of Software & Services Companies) and TechUK launched new UK-India Tech Alliance, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the UK.
- The motto of alliance is to increase collaboration on skills and new technologies also to assist policy development and encouraging innovation which will be jointly presented in June 2018.
- The MoU commits two organisations to exchange knowledge and learn lessons from Future Skills initiative launched by NASSCOM, explore expansion of FutureSkills platform.
- The major technology growth areas like big data analytics and cybersecurity will be benefitted by this alliance as it will promote the skills needed for it.
Chandrayaan-2 launch postponed to October-November 2018
- The launch of India’s second lunar mission ‘Chandrayaan-2’ has been postponed from April 2018 to October-November 2018 for additional tests suggested by national level committee to review Chandrayaan-2.
- Chandrayaan 2 has been indigenously developed by ISRO and it is India’s second mission to Moon which is an advanced version of previous Chandrayaan-1 mission (launched in 2008).
- IISRO will for first time attempt to land a rover on moon’s south-pole as it consists of Orbiter, Lander and Rover configuration.
- The motto of landing Rover over lunar surface is to collect soil or rock samples for on-site chemical analysis to gather scientific information on lunar topography, mineralogy, elemental abundance, lunar exosphere and signatures of hydroxyl and water-ice.
Defence Planning Committee to formulate military, security strategy, supervise foreign deals
- The Union Government has formed Defence Planning Committee (DPC), a new integrated institutional mechanism that will drive country’s military and security strategy and guide defence equipment acquisitions, under the chairmanship of National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- The Committee will consist of Chairman Chiefs of the Staff Committee (COSC), service chiefs, Defence Secretary, Foreign Secretary and Secretary (expenditure) in the Finance Ministry.
- The work of Committee will include formulating international defence engagement strategy,preparation of draft national security strategy besides undertaking strategic defence review.
- The committee will operate through four sub-committees: on Policy and Strategy, Defence Diplomacy, Plans and Capability Development and Defence Manufacturing Ecosystem.