English, Logical reasoning and Quantitative aptitude forms the basics and are one of the most important parts of any government exams , be it UPSC, SSC, Banking, or any competitive exams , but many student lack the most crucial part of any exam , i.e Current affairs , so what we aim here is to bring for our readers The Current Affairs Of 18th April 2018 in easy and Lucid manner.
Environment ministry releases draft National Clean Air Programme
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released draft of National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) which aims to tackle increasing air pollution problem across country and also proposed multiple strategies to reduce air pollution.
- The MoEFCC will provide air quality monitoring network, indoor air pollution monitoring and management and air pollution health impact studies,identification of alternative technology for real-time monitoring, set up of 10 city super network.
- The NCAP will make sure about the feasible management plan for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution.
- The NCAP will also take measures for prevention and mitigation of air pollution.
POSHAN Abhiyaan: India’s Nutrition Challenges meeting held in New Delhi
- POSHAN Abhiyaan was held in New Delhi under the participation of NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO Amitabh Kant and representatives of various ministries of Central and State Governments. It was the first meeting of National Council.
- The mandate of the National Council on India’s Nutritional Challenges focusses on policy directions to address India’s nutritional challenges through coordinated inter-sectoral action.
- It aims to focus on the holistic development and adequate nutrition for pregnant women, mothers and children.
- The POSHAN Abhiyaan supports and work for the reduction in the level of under-nutrition and other related problems by ensuring convergence of various nutrition related schemes.
Government launches DARPAN-PLI App
- DARPAN-PLI application has been launched by the Union Ministry of Communications for seamless collection of premium for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) policies.
- In order to increase traffic of all financial remittances, savings accounts, RPLI policy and cash certificates. DARPAN project seeks to increase rural reach of Department of Posts (DoP).
- The DARPAN-PLI project will help to improve quality of service, add value to services and achieve financial inclusion of un-banked rural population.
- The app launched under DARPAN Project will online update the policies and also will help in the collection of premium of these two policies at branch post offices anywhere in India.
Law Commission of India favours simultaneous elections
- A draft white paper released by the Law Commission of India focusses mainly on holding of simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and the Assemblies, possibly in 2019.
- The white paper would be circulated to “constitutional experts, academia, political parties, bureaucrats, students.
- The panel refers to January 2017 working paper of the NITI Aayog on simultaneous elections.
- opinion of all stakeholders, including political parties, on the issue will be taken by the commission, headed by former Supreme Court judge Justice B.S. Chauhan.
India wins six elections in UNECOSOC bodies
- India won places on executive boards of four UN bodies, three commissions and committee and overall India has won six elections to United Nations (UN) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) bodies, five of them unanimously.
- The Economic and Social Council is UN’s central platform for reflection, debate, and innovative thinking on sustainable development.’ It is one of six main UN organs which were established by UN Charter.
- EcoSoc works for implementation of internationally agreed development goals as it
is principal body for coordination, policy review, policy dialogue and recommendations on economic, social and environmental issues .
- India was also elected to a three-year term starting Jnauary 2019 on the Executive Board of UN-Women, which works for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.