Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the subsidised scooter scheme’ Amma two-wheeler ‘scheme for working women on the 70th birth anniversary celebrations of late leader J Jayalalithaa. As part of the scheme, every beneficiary will be given 50% of the cost of a two- wheeler or a grant of ₹25,000. Each year. The Prime Minister handed over keys to vehicles and registration certificates to five woman.
Amma two-wheeler Scheme:
The subsidised scooter scheme for working women is an electoral promise of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa. During the 2016 Assembly election, she had promised 50% subsidy for women to purchase two-wheelers. The scheme, Amma two-wheeler Scheme which aims at providing 50 percent subsidy to all the working women to buy two-wheelers, was a pet project of Jayalalithaa.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday kickstarted the subsidised Amma two-wheeler scheme meant for working women, on the occasion of former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s 70th birth anniversary.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated a programme to plant 70 lakh tree saplings ,3.99 crore saplings were planted under a similar programme by Prime Minister Narendra Modi over last six years.
- PM Modi also emphasized upon the importance of the scheme the ‘Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana’ under which women will be accounted for 70% of beneficiaries also stressed about the vital role of Women empowerment. Under this scheme around 11 crore loans had been sanctioned . Further Modi said: “When we empower the women in the family, we empower the entire household”.
- Under the Stand-Up India scheme, women entrepreneurs were being given loans ranging from ₹10 lakh to ₹1 crore. In the recent Union budget, the contribution of new women employees to the Employees Provident Fund would stand reduced from 12% to 8% for three years with no change in employers’ contribution of 12%.
- The Prime Minister also listed the Jan Dhan banking scheme, rural housing, decision to extend maternity leave to 26 weeks, amending the Factories Act to allow women to work in the nights, free cooking gas programmes that have benefitted 9.5 lakh women in Tamil Nadu.
Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI) today introduced a ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of five years. No biometric details will be required to get this blue-coloured Baal Aadhaar card. Aadhaar, the 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is a compulsory identity card. According to UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India, child below 5 years of age gets a blue in coloured Aadhaar known as Baal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 years old, a mandatory biometric update is required.
Aadhaar is issued by Unique Identification Authority of India ( UIDAI).It is a world’s largest national identification project.It is a 12 -digit number which is a proof of identity and address proof.The Aadhaar collects biometric and demographic data of residents.
Significance of ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card:
- UIDAI or the Unique Identification Authority of India has introduced a blue coloured ‘Baal Adhaar’ card for children below the age of 5. Baal Aadhaar cards update process will be same as that of a normal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 yr old, a mandatory biometric update is required. A mandatory biometric update for children is FREE informrd by UIDAI.
- ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card is not though mandatory for children of this age to get an Aadhaar card, it is needed for attending educational programmes overseas and availing other government scholarships.
- For enrolling a child for ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card, the child’s birth certificate and the Aadhaar card number of one of the parents is required informed by UIDAI.
- According to UIDAI, a child’s blue colored Aadhaar data does not include biometric information like fingerprints and iris scan, biometrics should be updated when the child turns to five.
- Updation of Biometric Aadhaar data of your child at the age of 5 years and then again at the age of 15 years is required by UIDAI.