Environment Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched Petaflop Supercomputer termed as “Mihir” by inaugurating high performance computing (HPC) facility at Noida .
It is a high capacity computer system . The system will be able to predict weather and climate accurately.
Its is a Targeted Facility to propel India’s ranking to Top 30 in the list of hpc facilities in The World rankings.
High Performance Computer (HPC) System named ‘Mihir’ (meaning ‘Sun’) at the National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF) .
- This facility will be helpful in addressing the various issues of agriculture operations and fishing in the country.
- The system will help the department in predicting severe climate-related calamities and warnings for fishermen.
- With the launch of the system, India has joined the elite 30 member group of countries which have this advanced technology.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first edition of the Khelo India School Games at Indira Gandhi – Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- Khelo India programme comes under the domain of Ministry of Sports and Youth affairs.
- The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level.
- Talented Under-17 players are to be identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels by a High-Powered Committee and will be provided annual financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakh per annum for 8 years.
- Its objective lies in building strong framework for all sports played in our country and thereby establishing India as one of the great sporting nation.
- The Khelo India School Games are being held from 31st January to 8th February 2018 in New Delhi.