Shesh Anand Madhukar is known for Magahi writing and was honoured with Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman award.
Madhukar who has been known for working extensively for the development of the language is the second writer of Magahi language to be awarded with the award.
Shesh Anand Madhurkar was also conferred with the award comprising a Rs 1 lakh cheque and a memento, by the hands of the Sahitya Akademi President – Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari.
- Magahi language is also termed as Magadhi which is language spoken in Bihar-Jharkhand region of eastern India.
- It has been known to be derived from ancient language Magadhi Prakrit, spoken in ancient kingdom of Magadha.
- It is also believed to be the language spoken by Gautama Buddha.
- Since it used to be the official language of the Mauryan court, in which edicts of Ashoka were composed, Magadhi which now has approximately 18 million speakers at the moment and composes of a very rich and old tradition of folk songs and stories is quite common in eastern parts of the country.
- Though It has not been constitutionally recognised in India but was legally absorbed under Hindi in the 1961 Population Census.
Bhasha Samman is given to identify and honour literary works in those languages which are spoken equally in different parts of the country.
- The award is an attempt to make writers of other languages feel equally important. The award also comprises of Rs 1 lakh cheque and memento to the ones selected as in this case Shesh Anand Madhukar.
Odisha Government has bagged the Geospatial World Excellence Award for successful IT application 2018’ which aims at tracking the production of minerals and also analyze the dispatch and value accrued on real-time basis through its web-based software named as .
The award ceremony was held at the Geospatial World Forum Meeting. The event went live for public in Hyderabad, Telangana and was attended by more than 3,000 geospatial experts coming from 90 different countries.
- The i3MS is GPS-linked web-based software designed by scientists of Odisha Space Applications Centre (ORSAC), Bhubaneswar.
- The system has enabled for first time in India to fix GPS devices on large number of moving objects in the mining sector.
- i3MS is a web-based software and will be used for tracking mineral production.
- Daily production and dispatch will be recorded on real-time basis through this software.
- Odisha Government won ‘Geo spatial World Excellence Award-2018’ for successful IT application through its software i3MS.
About Geospatial World Excellence Awards
- The Geospatial World Excellence Awards is an internationally-acclaimed private award that recognizes exemplary innovations and practices in global Geo-spatial industry.
- It acts as an encouragement to all the Geo spatial and allied projects.
- Geospatial World Excellence Award was first in run in the year 2007.
- Divided into the three categories which are as following
1. Geospatial Application Excellence Awards
2. Geospatial Technology Innovation Awards and
3. Geospatial Policy Implementation Awards