Scientist Dinesh Srivastava will take over as the new Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
Earlier to his assignment he was holding the position of Deputy Chief Executive at NFR.
Scientist Srivastava will also be the Chairman of NFC board.
About Dinesh Srivastava
- He has worked as a senior Professor at Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai and also joined the 28th batch of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Training School in 1984. Basically he is a Metallurgical Engineer from University of Roorkee.
- He has obtained Doctorate degree from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru and has contributed for development of advanced structural materials of extreme strategic value for the Indian nuclear energy programme.
- He has won several awards and is life member of major nuclear science related national bodies.NFC was established in 1971 and is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)
- It is a major industrial unit under Department of Atomic Energy which comes through the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- It is responsible for supply of nuclear fuel bundles and reactor core components for all nuclear power reactors operating in India.
A massive rail coach factory is to be laid down in the Latur district of Marathwada region of Maharashtra .
It has been decided to set up by Ministry of Railways which will bring economic development in Marathwada region as it is one of the backward area of Maharashtra and also aims to generate employment opportunities.
- This project will massively benefit the ‘Make in India’ initiative and will bring employment to a large number of people and will provide an industrial ecosystem in the drought prone region of Marathwada.
- Project Aims at boosting shift from agriculture to industry.
- This plant will manufacture Electric Multiple Units for suburban trains and coaches for metros.
- Work on this plant will be done on high priority base with fast track processing of all approvals.