Environment Ministry launches: Green Good Deeds campaign( MoEFCC) to sensitize people and students, in particular about climate change and global warming. Join campaign to sensitise people on climate change: Union minister Harsh Vardhan to teachers.
- The purpose of this people-oriented campaign “Green Good Deeds” is to sensitise people and students, in particular about climate change and global warming.
- the Union environment minister has emphasized on the need for ‘Green Sainiks’ to broaden the ‘Green Good Deeds’ campaign and take it to the grassroots level.
- The Minister also addressed around 700 principals of all government schools from North Delhi Municipal Corporation and added that environment is a matter of global concern like never before, and asked them to join the “Green Good Deeds” campaign, launched by the ministry.
- He further added that “The whole world is concerned about the dangers of global warming and climate change. Environment and its effects on the life of human beings are now on the agenda at every global forum.
- Environment Minister emphasized on the involvement of teachers, students and other voluntary organisations to join this campaign to sensitise all about climate change and global warming, which he termed was matter of concern for the world.
Google launches ‘#SecurityCheckKiya’ campaign in India to protect data, devices to create awareness around Internet safety. It was launched on the occasion of Safer Internet Day (6 February).
- The campaign ‘#SecurityCheckKiya‘ aims to protect young and first-time web users from account hijacking, safeguard Android devices from malicious apps and secure all their personal data if they lose their device.
- The campaign has been launched with an initiative so that the Internet users can take action to safeguard themselves, because the first step to a safer Internet starts with them.
- Google has recommended three simple steps for Internet safety.It includes reviewing security settings and Google account activity with one click for all Android devices and Gmail users.Google Security check helps users to automatically scan for any vulnerability and guides them to keep their account safe in a few minutes. ‘Google Play Protect’ service scans and checks Android devices for any harmful apps. Find My Device app from Google helps a user to easily locate a lost Android device and keeps the device and information secure, according the firm.
- Sunita Mohanty, Director, Trust and Safety added “Just like in the physical world, users in India should take precautions while engaging with the online world. While security is built into all of Google services, keeping the web safe for everyone is a shared responsibility”.
- The campaign launched by Google is a great step and can be benefited by the users as the first time Internet users are now coming online through easy access modes but lacking technical literacy.