China will host 2018 Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit at Qingdao, eastern Shandong Province in June 2018. China had taken over rotating chair of SCO after 17th SCO summit concluded in Astana, capital of Kazakhstan in June 2017.
China announced that this year’s summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will be held in the city of Qingdao in June.The SCO or Shanghai Cooperation Organization is comprised of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India and Pakistan.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
SCO or Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is a Eurasian economic, political and security organisation headquartered in Beijing, China. It was founded in 2001.It comprised of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan. In 2001, Uzbekistan was invited to join it and SCO was officially born. After Astana Summit Declaration in 2005, SCO has emerged as a regional security organization.
- China will host 2018 Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit at Qingdao, eastern Shandong Province in June 2018. China had taken over rotating chair of SCO after17th SCO summit concluded in Astana, capital of Kazakhstan in June 2017.
- SCO or Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is a Eurasian economic, political and security organisation headquartered in Beijing, China.After Astana Summit Declaration in 2005, SCO has emerged as a regional security organization.
- SCO comprises groups like Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.The groupings main objective is military cooperation between members. It also works towards intelligence-sharing, counter-terrorism operations in Central Asia. It is primarily centred on its member nations’ Central Asian security-related concerns, often describing main threats it confronts as being terrorism, separatism and extremism.
- China, which is one of the founders of the organisation, plays an influential role in it. The SCO or Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) focuses on security- related issues of the region specially on counter terrorism cooperation.
- Chinese foreign ministry added that China is in close coordination with all SCO members to make arrangements, as the rotating president of the SCO, China will hold the SCO summit in Qingdao in June.
The Virgin Group led by Richard Branson has signed an intent agreement with Maharashtra Government to build world’s first hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune.The key investors of Hyperloop One, including Branson are Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, CEO and Group Chairman of DP World, and Ziyavudin Magomedov, Chairman of Summa Group.
The foundation stone for the project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on first day of Magnetic Maharashtra investor summit held in Mumbai. Richard Branson informed that –Mumbai – Pune is one of the most busiest routes in the world, anybody who uses it regularly knows it can be unpleasant route to travel on. The study just shows that the opportunity is enormous and the government is welcoming it with open arms and they are working very closely with us to make it happen. Three years from now they will finish the test.run on this route and six to seven years from now the route will be commercially opened.
Hyperloop Technology is dubbed as fifth mode of transportation. It is system of magnetically levitating capsules (pods) that are sent at high speeds through low-pressure tubes.It uses linear Induction motors in it to control speed of pods.It envisages tube modular transport system that runs free of friction. It is still in trial stages in different countries and not been implemented for practical use anywhere in world yet.
Key Points: hyperloop
- Virgin Group Founder and Virgin Hyperloop One chairman Richard Branson backed Virgin Hyperloop One signed the framework agreement with the Maharashtra government on Sunday to build a hyperloop between Pune and Mumbai beginning with an operational demonstration track.
- Hyperloop is two-to-three times faster than fastest high-speed rail and claimed to have speeds even greater than commercial air travel. It has smaller civil engineering footprint, with no direct emissions or noise compared to railways. Hyperloop system’s capital cost per mile is 60% that of high-speed rail, and is less expensive to operate.
- The proposed loop will be a fully electric system and will have the capability travel up to 1,000 km per hour. It will be able to ferry 150 million passengers every year. It will transform transportation system and make Maharashtra global pioneer in this space.
- The proposed hyperlook transportation system will link central Pune with megapolis as well as Navi Mumbai international airport. It aims to reduce travel time between two mega cities to 20 minutes from three hours at present. Details of project cost and time-line are yet to be announced.
- Most of the spends will be privately funded, the government will help Virgin in moving to the next stage of feasibility study, the company is currently in discussion with various business houses and groups, and sees the project to be put in fruition with an Indian partner.