Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Friday signed a $84 million loan agreement to improve and finance water supply projects in two cities of Bihar specially in the towns of Bhagalpur and Gaya in Bihar. The loan will finance water supply improvements and expansion in Bhagalpur and Gaya towns in Bihar according to ADB or Asian Development Bank.
This is the second tranche of ADB’s $200 million multi-tranche financing facility for Bihar Urban Development Investment Programme, which was approved in 2012.The Manila-headquartered funding facility works with an objective of providing sustainable urban infrastructure and services in Bhagalpur, Gaya, Darbhanga and Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
Asian Development Bank (ADB):
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines and it is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966.It is carried out through investments – in the form of loans, grants and information sharing – in infrastructure, health care services, financial and public administration systems.It is a social development organization that is dedicated to reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific through inclusive economic growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration.
- Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Friday signed a $84 million loan agreement to finance water supply projects in two cities of Bihar.
- According to ADB , the two towns (Bhagalpur and Gaya) would achieve the national urban service goals or match many of the national averages for urban service delivery performance in India.
- Khare and ADB India’s Resident Mission Country Director, Kenichi Yokoyama signed this loan agreement.The loan finances will support civil works sub-projects and would benefit 1.1 million people in the two project towns with increased coverage of treated water supply by 2021.
- The project will provide better quality and sustainable water supply for the people of Bhagalpur and Gaya towns and will also promote better water management practices that will result in a citywide coverage with 24-hour uninterrupted supply of treated water of 135 liters per capita per day in both cities.
- The investment programme will assist ULBs in designing affordable tariffs for operations and maintenance cost recovery.The project will also promote 400 urban local body (ULB) staff in the management and operation and maintenance of water supply systems and help ULBs to improve technical and financial management of the water supply operations.
Bollywood actor and Padma Shri awardee Sridevi, who had an illustrious career spanning over four decades, died in Dubai after a cardiac arrest at the age of 54. She was in Dubai along with her family to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah’s wedding. She was a legendary and Bollywood’s female superstar actor.Her enchanting beauty and lively performances were always mesmerizing ones.
Sridevi : Legendary Bollywood Beauty (13th August 1963- 24th February 2018)
Sridevi Kapoor (born Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan;13 August 1963 – 24 February 2018). She was an Indian film actress and producer who starred in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada films. She was regarded as the first female “superstar” of India.
She made her Bollywood debut as a child artist in the hit Julie (1975) the musical blockbuster starring Lakshmi, and played her first adult role at age 13. She was a superstar and has won the hearts of uncountable fans.
Her first adult role came at the age 13 with the Tamil film Moondru Mudichu (1976). A string of films in Tamil and Telugu followed, including 16 Vayathinile (1977), Sigappu Rojakkal (1978), Varumayin Niram Sivappu (1980), Meendum Kokila (1981), Premabhishekam (1981), Moondram Pirai (1982), Aakhari Poratam (1988), Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari (1990) and Kshana Kshanam (1991). Film Sadma (1983) too, Balu Mahendru’s drama co-starring Kamal Haasan got many awards.
Anil Kapoor-starrer Mr India (1987), Yash Chopra’s Chandni (1989), a hardcore picturesque romance that put Sridevi right on top.Blockbusters like Chaalbaaz (1989) were complemented with performance-oriented roles like Lamhe (1991) and Khuda Gawah (1992). A fifteen-year sabbatical later, she returned with Gauri Shinde’s comedy drama English Vinglish (2012) and was last seen in the drama thriller Mom last year.
In the late 1980s,she was one of the highest paid female actor,film and trade industry members referred to Sridevi, she has been referred to as the reigning box office queen, as the female Amitabh Bachchan.
Sridevi in 2013, has been awarded by Padma Shri Award ,India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India.She also got many best actor filmfare awards for best performances in (1977) for 16 Vayathinile ,ChaalBaaz(1990), Lamhe (1992),Special Award for Nagina and Mr. India(2013).