English, Logical reasoning and Quantitative aptitude forms the basics and are one of the most important parts of any government exams , be it UPSC, SSC, Banking, or any competitive exams , but many student lack the most crucial part of any exam , i.e Current affairs , so what we aim here is to bring for our readers The Current Affairs Of 22nd April 2018 in easy and Lucid manner.
Cabinet approves ordinance for death penalty for child rapists
- The Union Cabinet has approved promulgation of Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance to provide death penalty for rapists of girls below 12 years.
- The ordinance amends Indian Penal Code (IPC), Criminal Procedure Code, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and Indian Evidence Act.
- ordinance approved by the Cabinet prescibes minimum punishment has been increased from 10 years to 20 years, extendable to imprisonment for rest of life for rape of a girl under 16 years.
- In case of rape of women to increase from rigorous imprisonment of 7 years to 10 years.
Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan: CCEA approves restructured Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- The Centrally Sponsored restructured Scheme of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi .
- The scheme is designed keeping in view programmatic convergence with Mission Antyodaya GPs and 115 Aspirational districts as identified by NITI Aayog.
- The scheme will strengthen Gram Sabhas and Panchayats as effective institutions and will create competitive spirit among them.
- The scheme will have both Central Component – National Level activities including “National Plan of Technical Assistance”, “Mission Mode project on e-Panchayat”, “Incentivization of Panchayats” and State component – Capacity Building of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs).
Commonwealth Cyber Declaration adopted by Commonwealth countries
- Commonwealth Cyber Declaration has been adopted by Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)to take action on cybersecurity by 2020 in London by Commonwealth countries.
- The declaration is one of the world’s largest and most geographically diverse inter-governmental commitment on cyber security cooperation.
- To build on the strengths of the Commonwealth nations, address shared global challenges including environmental ones and agree on actions on how to create a better future was the main agenda of meeting.
- The four main goals set for the summit focussed on Prosperity ,Security, Fairness and Sustainability.
Government launches Central Project Monitoring Unit for e-Vidhan project at Parliament
- The new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project of the Government at the Parliament House Annexe has been inaugrated by Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Statistics and Programme Implementation, Shri Vijay Goel.
- e-Vidhan is a mission mode project which focuses on digitilization and also in making the functioning of State Legislatures in India paperless.
- It is a part of the broader Digital India Programme of the Government and it will ease the cleanliness of environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.
- The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs is the Nodal Ministry for the project which promotes the scheme to create Project Monitoring Units both at Central as well as State levels.
India pitches for independent BRICS credit rating agency
- India has pressed the BRICS nations to set up an independent rating agency of the five-member group.
- The first meeting of the BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors was held on the sidelines of the IMF/World Bank Spring Meetings.
- In order to can solve impediments for the emerging market economies posed by the present credit rating agency market India had first mooted the idea of having such an agency for the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) grouping.
- The other issues were also highlighted to enhance the project pipelines of New Development Bank (NDB) evenly across member countries, expansion of NDB’s membership.