English, Logical reasoning and Quantitative aptitude forms the basics and are one of the most important parts of any government exams , be it UPSC, SSC, Banking, or any competitive exams , but many student lack the most crucial part of any exam , i.e Current affairs , so what we aim here is to bring for our readers The Current Affairs Of 20th April 2018 in easy and Lucid manner.
TESS: NASA launches its newest planet-hunting spacecraft on SpaceX rocket
- Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) is a new planet-hunting spacecraft which has been launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- TESS mission is designed to carry out first spaceborne all-sky transiting exoplanet survey.
- TESS is expected to reveal 20,000 planets beyond our solar system, including more than 50 Earth-sized planets.
- Tess will give its first scientific data in July and thus will spend two months making its way into the correct orbit around Earth, with help from the moon’s gravity.
Malaria Summit held in London
- The Malaria Summit was held in London, United Kingdom organisations to make game-changing commitments towards beating malaria.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May. supported the Summit and was organized by non-profit organisation.
- The objective of meeting was to maintain High level political commitment towards malaria elimination.
- The meeting was attended by a range of heads of state as well as the Prince of Wales, the Duke of York and Bill Gates, Microsoft founder and philanthropist.
India is now world’s sixth largest economy: IMF
- India is now the world’s sixth largest economy at $2.6 trillion (interms of GDP), displacing France according to International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) World Economic Outlook (WEO) for April 2018
- The other five economies ahead are United States, China, Japan, Germany and United Kingdom.
- India is projected to cross the $3 trillion mark then, overtaking both France and Britain for the prized slot in the top five economies — as the fifth largest.
- India has finally introduced a unified system of taxation for goods and services and also taken needed measures to demonetize the economy .
GoM recommends uniform road tax structure for vehicles across country
- One Nation One Tax policy for seamless movement of commercial vehicles across the country has been proposed by the Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted by Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- The two day meeting of GoM held in Guwahati, Assam was attended by transport ministers and was headed by Rajasthan transport minister Yoonus Khan.
- The taxes charged by various states has been examined by the group and observed that the principles of taxation varies from state to state.
- On the basis of invoice price of the vehicles, the group suggested that the motor vehicle taxes should be charged by all the states.
Government releases draft rules for high security registration plates
- In order to provide high security registration plates (HSRP) to all new vehicles from January 1, 2019,Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has published new draft rules to make it mandatory for automobile manufacturers.
- The tamper-proof plates by HSRP to be fitted in all classes of motor vehicles will provide security system and will increase protection against theft.
- According to the transport department tender document the project will be carried out on build-own-operate (BOO) model.